Ever since the "new missionary age" announcement was made in the October 2012's General Conference it's clear to see that girls are flooding into the mission field like no other time in the history of the church! Personally, I LOVE THIS! I am so humbled to be a part of this great work! I look forward to the day when we will be able to tell our grandchildren that WE were counted as one of the many who took it upon themselves to stay worthy and true to the faith, so that when the time came for the new missionary age changes, we were ready to get out there and give it our all! I couldn't be happier for all the girls and boys who have decided to serve! Way to go!
So . . . included in the number of girls who have been called to serve are some of my closest friends! I was able to go through the long "interview/doctors appointments/application/waiting for that white envelope" process with a few of the most awesome girls ever: Megan, Sarah, Natalie and Leilani! We have SO many girls from BYU-Idaho and my home stake who I have been able to share mission experiences with these past few months! Honestly, these are the most AMAZING girls! Go get 'em ladies!
- Kylee Young- France Lyon April 3rd!
- Chloe Jackson- Colorado Denver North April 3rd!
- Jessica Poulson- Minnesota Minneapolis April 3rd!
- Colette Olsen- California San Jose April 3rd!
- Leilani Ikahihifo- Colorado Colorado Springs April 10th!
- Sami Judd- Honduras Comayaguela April 17th!
- Savannah Kei- Korea Seoul April 17th!
- Courtney Davis- Russia Yekaterinburg April 24th!
- Janne Collins- Florida Orlando April 24th!
- Diana Morales- Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East April 24th!
- Kristina Nye- New Mexico Albuquerque May 1st!
- Lizzy Petherbridge- Poland Warsaw May 1st!
- Devin Line- California Sacramento May 8th!
- Shayla Davis- Philippines Cauayan May!
- Megan Peterson- Argentina Resistencia May 22nd!
- Veronica Martinez- Florida Jacksonville May 29th!
- Natalie Batton- Washington Seattle June 5th!
- Rebecca Brink- Alpine German-speaking June 12th!
- Emily Ogden- Louisiana Baton Rouge June 12th!
- Sarah Richardson- Minnesota Minneapolis June 26th!
- Jillian Bentley- South Dakota Rapids City June 26th! (YAY FOR JUNE 26th!!!!!)
- Lindsay Mattei- Brazil Fortaleza July 10th!
- Janna Blair- Florida Orlando July 17th!
- Kaylee Banner- California Oakland/San Francisco July 17th!
- Sarah Peterson- Brazil Curitiba South July 24th!
- Stephanie Winchester- Australia!
- Carson Duke- New Jersey Morristown!
AND since technology is so great these days I was able to meet (over the internet of course) some of the girls I will be serving with in the North Carolina Charlotte Mission! I'm SO excited to meet and serve with all of you! Rebecca, Peyton, Miriah, Elise, Kylie, Melanie, Morgan, Kristy, Coulette, Camilla, Britain, Brittany, Brailee, Erin, Amy, Berlyn, Courtney, Kaylee, Marae, Ayancy, Mckahl, Hannaniah, Alida, Elizabeth, Ali, Jenna, Mckenna, Grace, Alley, Desiree, Kim & Jasmine! It'll be the best 18 months EVER!
P.S. if any of you future sister missionaries are wondering how to connect with other sister missionaries; there is this GREAT group on facebook called "many are called...but few are sisters". Check it out! Best thing ever!
P.s. sarah. . .I made this for you boo ;)
Megan :) You're the cutest!
Court, Best reaction ever!
Leilani, I loved temple prep with you! You're so great!
: Jacob 1:19